The Portway Marine Multifuel is the first stove in the UK that is specifically designed and manufactured to meet the stringent new Code of Practice for the Installation of Solid Fuel Heating and Cooking Appliances in Small Craft (British Standard BS 8511:2010).
The Marine stove helps boat owners comply with the new Code of Practice and, at the same time, cleverly utilise limited cabin space. The stove features built-in heat protection panels to ensure the sides of the stove are kept a lot cooler than normal stoves and allowing it to be placed much closer to combustibles. These heat protection panels also provide additional heat in the form of convection hot air. This combination of radiant heat and convected heat is much more efficient at heating narrow boat cabins.
For optimum safety and performance your Marine stove must always be fitted with an insulated flue and chimney kit. We’ve teamed up with Warstock Development Limited to offer you a complete stove and flue kit solution.
Benefits of using the right flue and chimney include:
– Quicker ignition
– Instant and full controllability of the stove
– Longer burn times per filling- reduced fuel costs
– Less objectionable smoke- keeping the glass window much cleaner
– Greatly reduced risk of condensation tarring or rusting the chimney
– Conforms to British Standard BS85II:2010
- Built-in steel hearth which can be placed directly on to a wooden deck- no need for a large hearth, or the 125mm concrete base that the British Standard requires for normal stoves.
- A fiddle rail to stop pans from sliding off the hot plate area.
- A single door opening with a positive-shutting latch
- A deck fastening kit included with every stove
- Simple operating controls
- Convected heat as well as radiant heat
- Up to 4.8kW heat output and up to 75% energy efficiency
- Capable of easily burning wood, anthracite and many other suitable fuel types.
|Flue Type||Brick Chimney|
|Maximum Heat Output||4.8kW|
|Net Efficiency||75% +|
|Flue Outlet||150mm (5″) (Top Only)|
|Maximum Log Length||300mm (12″)|
|Ventilation Required||Not normally required|
|Smoke Control Exempt||No|